Shane Read is a forensic accountant for Miod and Company, LLP. He regularly prepares documents for business valuation, family law, financial fraud investigations, tracing, and quantifying losses and damages. He has qualified and testified as an expert in business valuation and family law issues for the Superior court of California.
See Shane Read’s CV
University and Professional Education
University of Tampa
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science Cum Laude in Accounting
- Minor in Finance
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Previously recognized as an expert by Superior Court in California for testimony on business valuation and family law issues in Los Angeles and Ventura.
- Previously appointed as court’s appointed expert pursuant to California Evidence Code Section 730.
- Uncovering and quantifying unreported and hidden income and assets and providing related expert testimony.
- Forensic accounting work on civil cases, including factious entity investment fraud, misappropriation of funds, and skimmed revenues.
- Tracing Assets through Comingled accounts for various legal proceedings.
- Full range of forensic accounting services for family law related matters.
- Managing audits, reviews, and compilations in the fields of manufacturing, rental retail, contractor, franchisor, not-for-profit, and commercial services.
- Preparing income tax filing at federal and state level for exempt organization, corporate, partnership, limited liability company, trust, estate, gift, and individuals.
Certifications and Designations
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Accredited Business Valuator (ABV)
NBI Sponsored Conference
- “Expert Witness Testimony of Forensic Accountants and Business Valuation Experts”
- “Business Valuation Discount for Control and Marketability and Effects of Proposed Changes to Internal Revenue Code Section 2704”