Tax obligations vary greatly from business to business, individual to individual; therefore, it simply does not make sense to approach every tax situation with a one-size-fits-all solution. At Miod & Company, we take this principle to heart by offering tax services that emphasize your specific needs while still addressing the bottom line: saving you money and helping you make the most of your financial situation.
We can help you address audits and draft appeals to the IRS, the Franchise Tax Board, and local governments. We can help you navigate the complex terrain of government liens and levies. Above all else, we can help you understand taxes in the context of YOUR industry. No empty jargon from us.
What is the Difference Between Tax Planning and Tax Preparation?
Many of our tax services fall into one of two categories: tax planning and tax preparation. These terms may seem similar, but they are by no means interchangeable.
Tax preparation refers to the process of filing your tax information on time (before April 15th). When you enlist our tax preparation services, we will do this on your behalf while also helping you ensure that you are in compliance with both federal and state laws.
Tax planning is a bit more of an involved process. Again, that’s because no two people or businesses have the same tax obligations. If you don’t know what you’re looking for, it is easy to overlook subtle nuances in the tax code that are actually there to benefit you (i.e., tax credits). Fortunately, we can help you identify these tax credits so that you can capitalize on them and even minimize your tax liability.
For example, in the state of California, individuals may be eligible for a tax credit for:
- Being a divorced or single parent
- Caring for dependent parents
Business owners may qualify for interest-free payment plans on taxes owed, and some small businesses owners may even qualify for a hiring tax credit.
The conclusion? It’s best to talk with us at Miod & Company to better understand what applies to you!
Industries That We Serve
At Miod & Company, we are proud to represent clients across multiple different industries. While we have dabbled in many different industries over the years, our areas of specialty include:
- Cannabis. We help clients get their cannabis businesses up and running while also securing sound funding.
- Construction. We help clients make the most out of all construction projects and perform construction audits.
- Entertainment. California is hailed as a bustling hub for entertainment, which is why we work so hard to help our clients in the industry thrive with straightforward tax preparation and planning guidance, wealth management, royalty audits, and more.
- Law Firms. We can help our legal clients ensure healthy cash flow within their law firm.
- Real Estate. We help our real estate clients create comprehensive financial reports and even offer advice for incorporation.
Ready to see first-hand how Miod & Company can help you sprint through tax season?
Reach out today!